According to the Wells Fargo/Gallup Small Business Index, the average small business owner works 52 hours a week, with more than 20 percent working seven days a week. The U.S. Census Bureau says 88.6 percent of all U.S.-based companies still require the owner to be there as the primary person responsible for core functions like producing their product or service, managing the day-to-day operations, or managing the financial aspects of the business.
If you’re a business owner who wants to accelerate your company’s growth, but do it in a way that enables you to get your life back, this book is for you.
Join Wall Street Journal best-selling author David Finkel and former chairperson of the National Association of Manufacturers Stephanie Harkness as they give you a concrete, step-by-step map to empower you to build an owner-independent company and get your life back.
– The only sustainable way to escape the Self-Employment Trap™
– The 4 most costly excuses that hold business owners back
– The 8 essential building blocks upon which to scale your company
– 25 formats to package your business systems
– A powerful 1-page quarterly action plan format
– 6 time mastery strategies to free up a full day each week to build your business
– How a skilled surgeon tamed his medical practice not by working more, but rather by working less and empowering his systems, team, and culture to do more
– How a contractor escaped the 70-hour-a-week trap, doubled his sales, and cut his work hours in half (and how you can too)
– How a second-generation manufacturer took over his family business and brought it from the brink of failure to record profits
– How a niche software company owner grew her company’s market value tenfold, while at the same time enjoying a greater sense of time freedom than she ever thought possible
– And much more …
These two world-class entrepreneurs will show you how to sustainably grow your company, increase your profitability, and enjoy more time freedom. You will learn how to truly build a business, not a job.